United Way is in the business of community impact - improving lives by mobilizing communities to create sustained changes in community conditions. Whether it is to improve childcare, tackle the school dropout rate, reduce the number of teenage pregnancies, strengthen families, or provide living assistance to our elderly, United Way brings the community together to identify and address the critical issues here in Southwest Georgia.
Many of us have decided to "Live United". Family, friends, faith and love of country and community have become the highest priorities for the vast majority of us. United Way of Southwest Georgia supports programs that touch virtually everyone in our community, making it a better place to live, work and raise our families. United Way assures that these programs have a measurable impact on the social problems facing Southwest Georgians.
We are committed to helping mobilize our community to focus on the bottom line results, the lives we change, and the community in which we shape.
The four focus areas that currently comprise the Community Impact Agenda are:
- Education: Preparing Children and Youth to Succeed
- Income-Financial Stability: Empowering Individuals and Families towards Self-Sufficiency
- Health: Promoting Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Basic Needs: Responding to essential services including food, clothing, shelter, and disaster relief
Community Impact Tools
- To view the NEW 2020-2021 Annual Plan Click Here