United Way of Southwest Georgia’s Board of Directors is seeking to fill the position of President and Chief Executive Officer. Headquartered in Albany, GA, United Way serves ten counties including: Baker, Calhoun, Dougherty, Early, Lee, Mitchell Randolph, Sumter, Terrell and Worth.
The ideal President/CEO candidate will possess high integrity, be mission-motivated and visionary, exercise thoughtful and strategic decision-making, and naturally inspire passion and interest in others. A selfless leader, the individual will have extensive experience in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission, and possess:
- A successful track record with diverse fundraising programs
- Exceptional communication skills, in verbal, written and media applications, with the ability to convey ideas/goals and convince individuals and groups of all sizes
- Proven ability to network, develop and maintain relationships with community representatives, business executives, foundation officials, donors and media, as well as unique ability to build relationships at all levels
- Proven ability to lead a highly motivated, experienced senior leadership team
- Demonstrated social media skills and savvy, proven social media strategic prowess.
Situated in Georgia’s beautiful Plantation Trace region, Albany is the hub of Southwest Georgia for healthcare, retail, cultural activities, manufacturing and higher education. For more information on Albany and the Southwest Georgia region:
- City of Albany website - http://www.albanyga.gov/
- Albany Chamber of Commerce website - https://albanyga.com/
- Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau - https://visitalbanyga.com/
A competitive compensation range commensurate with the background, skills & experiences will be offered to the individual hired complete with comprehensive benefits.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads, manages and directs the total operation of the United Way of the United Way of Southwest Georgia and is responsible for the organization’s mission ‘To improve peoples' lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities in Southwest Georgia. Working with the Board of Directors and other constituents, the President/CEO will develop strategic short- and long-term goals for UWSWGA and will lead the organization toward advancing its mission by creating new and innovative community partnerships, programs and revenue sources.
The President/CEO will manage all operations and activities, including providing direction to staff and ensuring proper fiscal and operational management. The scope of this position is broad, requiring the President/CEO to establish and maintain significant relationships with persons at all levels within the public, private and nonprofit sectors. These individuals include corporate chief executives, local government leaders, labor representatives, leaders of other funding organizations, key planning organizations, agencies and representatives of other United Way organizations (both local and national).
This job posting is open from September 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018. Interested applicants may submit their cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references to LiveUnited@UnitedWaySWGA.org.